Today’s CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Software) is capable of scheduling much more than preventive maintenance. CMMS Software has become an integral part of daily operations for many facility service providers.
Here are 5 key roles of CMMS:
1. Instant Communication – Modern CMMS Software is 100% Web Based. This allows you to create and access your maintenance schedules, inventory, employee profiles, training performed, timekeeping, and on-demand work orders from anywhere at any time.
2. Raise Employee Accountability. Since maintenance work schedules and work instructions are easy to share and updates on work reporting is instant, it is much easier today to keep track of work performance.
3. Increase Client Visibility. Clients wonder if the work they have paid for has been performed and was the work done well. With instant reporting and possibly even limited Client access to your web based CMMS Software, they can be part of the action and feel more empowered.
4. Improve Corporate Control. Your management team will gain most of the benefits of being on-site without the wasted travel time, since they can see work performace as it happens. When issues arise, they can instantly see if they are being addressed and can assist if needed. They will be better informed when discussing performance with clients and can respond quicker to serious issues.
5. Save time. The goal of all CMMS Software systems is to save your team time. From scheduling, to tracking, to reporting, to analysis of performance and cost, your team will have the tools they need to achieve profitable results. Since work staff has been stretched thin in most facilities, if your on-site managers attempted to perform all of these functions manually, you would find that work doesn’t get done on time, or not done well, or both.
CMMS Software improves your ability to take effective control of facilities, assets, equipment, and maintenance. A company’s main challenge is to do more with less. Efficient maintenance processes with instant work performance feedback will help you prevent issues, perform better, improve costs, and prove performance to your clients.