Many companies are working to find solutions to control energy usage and at the same time become environmentally friendly.
The LEED Green Building Rating System for Building Operations and Maintenance sets standards for certifying existing commercial and institutional buildings. The intent promotes high performance, affordable, and environmentally sound practices in existing buildings.
Facility Managers are using Facility Maintenance Software to implement sustainable operations and maintenance practices to reduce the environmental impact of their buildings.
Facility Maintenance Software can help you obtain LEED credits for: sustainable site, water efficiency, energy and atmosphere, materials and resources, indoor environmental quality, and innovation in operations.
Other Sustainable Maintenance Benefits:
- Web based systems significantly eliminate paper consumption.
- Routine Preventive Maintenance improves indoor environmental quality by replacing filters regularly, checking ducts, and ensuring that the building is properly load balanced.
- Repairs are done faster and problems are solved more quickly and efficiently.
- Preventive Maintenance Improves Asset Life, reducing waste and improving energy efficiency.
- Good operation and maintenance practices can reduce total energy usage by up to 50%.
All buildings are eligible for LEED certification including: offices, retail and service establishments, institutional buildings, libraries, schools, museums, churches, and hotels.